Next Meeting -October 27th, 2016
(next - October 27th)
MEETING LOCATION AND TIME
The chapter meets on the last Thursday evening of each month from 6:30 - 9:00 PM at the Handley-Meadowbrook Lions Club, 6013 Craig Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76112.
Visitors and guests are always welcome to attend our meetings. The Handley-Meadowbrook Lions Club is about 1.5 miles south of I-30 on I-820 S. exit Craig Street (Exit 30a).
MONTHLY PRESIDENT'S NOTES
President's report for Oct 2016
• Welcome to our new members: David Beyer Jr., Mike Bogan, Emery Swenson and Danny Woods. We now have 205 members.
• We voted on a change to our by-laws, splitting the duties of the A/V-Logistics Coordinator. All of the current board members have agreed to continue their positions in 2017 except Bob Clark who has now been nominated for the new Logistics Coordinator and David Walker who has been nominated for the new A/V Coordinator’s position. We will have our board member elections this month.
• We will be having an OPEN SHOP/SWAP at this coming meeting. We will be turning bowls (or other turned items) for our Empty Bowls program. We will start at 3:00pm Thursday October 27th and cleanup at 6:00. Bring some wood to turn and any turning associated items you want to sell/swap. Lathe providers/mentors need to setup at 2:30pm. Hot dogs, chips and drinks will be available.
• I hope everyone enjoyed Tim Yoder’s classes and demonstration as much as I did. I found turning a Banksia pod was not quite as messy as I had been led to believe and his down to earth humor was enjoyable.
• Don’t forget this month’s challenge. Turn an item, or more than one, to be used as a table center piece for our Christmas banquet, which will be held on December 10th. We need about 40 turnings which will be given away at the end of the banquet.
• If you have any good woodturning tools that you can live without, James Haynes would like very much to have them donated to our Christmas raffle. Please bring them to James at this or the November meeting.
• Speaking of our Christmas banquet, we need your contribution to our auction. Every year club members donate a piece of their best work for auction. The proceeds of the auction provide the majority of finances for our club and keeps our dues low.
• See you at 3:00pm Thursday and be safe.
See you at 6:30pm Thursday and be safe.
The mission of the Woodturners of North Texas is to advance the creative pursuit of woodturning through educational programs, practical demonstrations and community service projects. Personal achievement is encouraged through mentoring, design challenges and member participation.